Safety tip of the week: Exterior Doors
- All doors are locked at night and every time we leave the house – even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Doors are solid hardwood or metal-clad.
- Doors feature wide-angle peepholes at heights everyone can use.
- If there are glass panels in or near our doors, they are reinforced in some way so that they cannot be shattered.
- All entryways have a working, keyed entry lock and sturdy deadbolt lock installed into the frame of the door.
- Spare keys are kept with a trusted neighbor, not under a doormat or planter, on a ledge, or in the mailbox
Police Report for March 2-7, 2016