Safety tip of the week: Garage and Sliding Door Security
- The door leading from the attached garage to the house is solid wood or metal-clad and protected with a quality keyed door lock and deadbolt.
- The overhead garage door has a lock so that we do not rely solely on the automatic door opener to provide security.
- Garage doors are all locked when leaving the house.
- The sliding glass door has a strong, working key locks.
- A dowel or a pin to secure a glass door has been installed to prevent the door from being shoved aside or lifted off the track.
- The sliding door is locked every night and each time we leave the house.
Police Report for March 8-14, 2016