Safety tip of the week: Outdoor Valuables and Personal Property
- Gate latches, garage doors, and shed doors are all locked with high-security, laminated padlocks and re-locked after every use.
- Grills, lawn mowers, and other valuables are stored in a locked garage or shed, or if left out in the open, are hidden from view with a tarp and securely locked to a stationary point.
- Every bicycle is secured with a U-bar lock or quality padlock and chain, and always locked- even if left for just a minute.
- Firearms are stored unloaded and locked in storage boxes and secured with trigger guard locks.
- Record serial numbers on valuable items, such as television, stereos, and computers, or if no serial numbers, engrave your name and phone number on the item.
- Home inventory is up-to-date and includes pictures and serial numbers. A complete copy is kept somewhere out of the house.
Police Report for April 12-18, 2016