How to Request a Stop Sign or Light, Speed Bump, Crosswalk or other Traffic Control Feature

How to request a stop sign or light, speed bump, crosswalk painting, etc., so that it gets on the agenda of the Hamden Traffic Authority. Next meeting june 8.

Letter from Commissioner Michael Iezzi, Hamden Police & Traffic Commission Chairman:

“I would like to thank the Spring Glen Civic Association for your concerns and participation on traffic issues and police presence in your neighborhood. Your concern for the need of an increased police presence in your area to enforce speed and traffic sign infractions is well noted and has been addressed. Chief Wydra has informed me that police presence has been increased in your area. Mayor Leng continues to express concern on public safety issues in our neighborhoods and has encouraged addressing these issues expeditiously.

Regarding the traffic authority, as indicated at the last meeting, any requests that fall in the purview of the traffic authority such as traffic lights, signs, speed bumps, street painting, road closures etc. should be put in writing and sent to The Hamden Traffic Authority c/o Hamden Police Department, this will enable the commission to address and take action on traffic issues on a regular basis.

I sincerely appreciate the participation of your association to help keep Hamden a safe community.


Michael Iezzi

Hamden Police & Traffic Commission Chairman”



The Hamden Traffic Authority

c/o Hamden Police Department

2900 Dixwell Avenue

Hamden, CT 06518


The meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month (except July and August) at 6:00 p.m. in the Miller Library Senior Center Activity Room, Hamden CT (rear entrance).

  • Wednesday, June 8, 2016
  • No meeting in July or August
  • Wednesday, September 14, 2016
  • Wednesday, October 12, 2016
  • Wednesday, November 9, 2016
  • Wednesday, December 14, 2016